The Conservatoire National de Région de Musique et de Danse (regional academy of music & dance) has, since 1994, been located in facilities which feature:
- 2 auditoriums seating 400 and 100 (excellent acoustics & digital control room in the large auditorium)
- 7 large halls or rooms (public lectures, auditions etc.),
- 2 large dance studios,
- 1 media resources library (scores, books, reviews).
Each year, CNR intake is between 1,300 and 1,400 students for 76 teachers and 26 administrative and technical staff.
Practical learning is at the core of its teaching approach which features:
- Instrumental studies begun immediately and at the same time as music training,
- A dynamic, practical approach using instruments in music lessons for direct application of theoretical notions,
- Development of ensemble, instrumental and choir practice from the first year,
- Time-slotted classes (primary & secondary) developed in close partnership with the state education authorities.
A spectrum of workshops open to all
Tailored responses to different demands.
Workshops set up by the CNR since September 2001:
• Creation of a students' amateur orchestra, in partnership with the university,
• Creation of a children's vocal ensemble alongside the adult vocal ensemble,
• Baroque music sessions open throughout the region,
• Creation of a junior big band,
• Beginners' electro-acoustic workshop in partnership with "Césaré".
Development of the Establishment Project via multi-facet diffusion activities. In parallel with regular production of student works, a programming schedule covering all music fields is gradually being set up within ADAC and via artistic projects and partnerships undertaken by the CNR.