Reims has made a number of arrangements to remind dog owners of their civic duty and encourage them to keep our pavements clean, such as:
- Free supply of bags for collecting and disposing of dog excrement
- Designation of “doggy areas”
- “Clean dog” logos on pavements to remind owners to guide their dogs towards the gutter
Did you know?
- More than 100,000 disposal bags are distributed each month via 65 outlets (vets, dog specialists, the city hall and its branches, etc.)
- 77 “doggy areas” throughout the city of Reims are emptied and disinfected at least once a week
- More than 600 “clean dog” logos are in place urging dog owners to guide their pets to the gutter
- The city's police force has officers who are qualified in this area and whose job it is to enforce the local bye-law aimed at combating dog fouling.
For further information, please call Reims urban cleanliness department on +33 (0)3 26 77 71 11.